Students will learn about checking accounts, savings accounts, and check-cashing services. They learn the components of a check and how to organize and enter information into a bank account register, balance a monthly account statement, and write a check. They also learn why maintaining account records is important.
- Bank account register
- Check Checking account
- Check-cashing services
- Direct deposit
- Savings account
- compare checking accounts, savings accounts, and check-cashing services;
- explain what checks, debit cards, automatic deposits, and electronic payments are and how they are used;
- explain the importance of maintaining records of deposits to, withdrawals from, and payments from a bank account;
- explain the importance of balancing a bank account; and
- demonstrate filling out and balancing a bank account register.
Middle School – High School