In this lesson, students participate in a puzzle activity to identify leadership characteristics that Abraham Lincoln possessed. They review the changes in the redesigned $5 note and consider how Lincoln’s leadership characteristics contribute to the fact that he is pictured on the $5 note. Students look at a timeline of Lincoln’s life and identify significant events in his road to the White House. They play a game to review content learned in the lesson.
- Characteristics of money
- Describe leadership characteristics possessed by Abraham Lincoln.
- Describe the characteristics of money.
- Explain why Lincoln is featured on the $5 note.
- Identify important events in Lincoln’s road to the White House.
- Identify features of the redesigned $5 note.